Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Returning Stunties and Completed Drafts

Greetings, one and all! I’m pleased to announce two things in this blog post.
First: that the entire stunt team was finally together for the first time in over a month. To wake them from their sluggishness, we put them through the paces marching, before having them break into teams and do a bit of assassin vs. knight choreography.







Despite the time away and general tiredness, they all managed to finish and get up to speed in good time.

Second: I have finally finished the first draft of a new feature-length script! This did not come without some difficulty, as a logging truck hit a power pole while I was writing, which caused a power glitch. This not only corrupted the script beyond retrieval, but somehow also corrupted the screenwriting program I was using to the point where it could not open any files. The damage went so deep that an uninstall would not fix it, I had to do a manual search and destroy on every loosely related file to get the job done. But, despite that, I managed to improve the script slightly, and bring it all to a conclusion in the next couple days. Thankfully I had an older version of the first two-thirds saved, so I didn’t have to start from scratch. That would’ve been heartbreaking. As mentioned previously, this is just the first chapter of a larger story, but it’s gratifying to have reached this point after so long, and after so many false starts.

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment