Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Training Day 4

I may have to review my directorial style, my actors seem to have way too much fun trying to kill me...

This week we did a quick recap of last week, followed by intensive short blade training. The focus was on both fighting with and defending against a knife or short sword. After a basic explanation of the principles we ran through various scenarios, helping the trainees think through how to overcome each situation as it was presented.  

The peanut gallery.

Methods of subduing the "superior" reverse grip.

Turning the sword against its owner.

"You want to go home and rethink your life..."

"Unarmed" is not the same as "helpless."


As you can see, I was the punching bag for this one. No complaints though, they really enjoyed themselves. Which, once again, is food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment