Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Four Days


You heard that right, folks! In a little over four days, we will begin principal photography on Gatewalkers: Season 1. As we hurtle toward the deadline, many threads are coming together at the last minute. We are going into talks for the roles of Cylavar and Aurbren, the elven lords. Costume pieces are stacking up around me at this very minute. My middle sister sits beside me, sewing the sheath for Gwynmareth's knife. Armor has received some final touches, and new locations have been discovered.
 We ran our first reading/practice with Rebecca this week, and she did very, very well. Though now several scenes have acquired new reasons for the actors to burst out laughing on set for no apparent reason. (*cough* jogging scene *cough*)



To be honest, this is chaos. I am a habitually methodical and prepared guy. I have the "if you're not early, you're late" mindset. Yet here I am, mere days away from filming, without all of my actors, or a schedule for the shoot. Oddly enough, I don't feel panicked yet. Sure, I feel the overwhelming pressure that sometimes makes it hard to think, I see all of the projects that have yet to be done, the people we have yet to find, the money we don't have, but I'm not worried. For those who've known me for a long time, especially those who talked with me when Annie's involvement in this project was in limbo, they could tell you that this is not normal for me. I have been, in my life, a natural born fretter. I tend to think too much, and so worry a lot. But not this time. This time I feel at peace.
This last week I was reviewing a track for Othersight that my composer had sent me, and it just so happened to overlap a certain conversation, where Anna says, "Sure it's impossible... but don't you feel, deep down in the core of your being, that this is what you were meant for?" That's where I am right now. This whole thing looks so daunting, and no sane person would attempt it, but this is what I've been called to do, this is my mission, so it will be done.
Thanks for reading. Next week, our first update from the set!

No comments:

Post a Comment