Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fun with Continuity

Greetings, one and all! Despite the holiday weekend, we have actually managed to make a fair amount of progress. For starters, Episodes 5 and 6 have both been edited, and have received their first pacing pass.

It was then that I found a fairly egregious continuity flaw. Circumstances rendered only a single take from a particular angle as viable for an important section of dialog. However, this was also the only take where the hair was in the wrong place, hanging down in front of the actress, (having slipped earlier in the take,) instead of behind her shoulder. Lacking many of the higher end tools to make this right, I had to go old school, copying her torso from another take, and painstakingly adding it to the current one, frame by frame. While not perfect, I'm pleased that the results came out as well as they did.
Also, it's here that I should probably clarify. When I talk about where we are with each episode, that conveniently ignores the fact that there are several shots for each episode that have yet to be created, largely due to needing to build the models, and rigs for filming them. To that end, I will be laying out the designs for our art department to start working on, while I turn my attention to some currently classified writing...

Well, that's about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment