Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Editing Yourself

Greetings, one and all! The rest of life is definitely encroaching into filmmaking, but we’ve still made progress. The plates we shot last week have been integrated into the edit of the first block, and more shots have been added for proper emotional context. Block three has gone through the refining edit, with a few added shots like we did for block one.
On top of that, we’re neck deep in block four, where I get to edit the first full scene where I played a major role in front of the camera.



While I try to avoid acting as much as possible, there’s always a character that we just can’t find an actor for. Invariably I will have to step in for some portion of the shoot. However, this was the first time I’ve had to play a character that’s in a third of the scenes in the movie.
Editing yourself is hard. It can be difficult to tell which of your thoughts on your performance are accurate, and which are just excessive self-criticism. So, thus begins the uncanny journey of seeing my own face way more than is healthy. :P
Let the games begin…

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment