Wednesday, January 4, 2023

From Year to Year

Greetings, one and all! So, here we are, the New Year. 2022 saw a lot of changes, what with marriage and a pending infant, who is due this year.


As the change of year can lead one to reflection, I’ve thought back to 2020, and everything that happened then. Between the lockdowns and the fires, it was the shadow of impending doom for a filmmaker. But then we cast a bunch of people for our largest project to date, and managed to shoot it in 2021, despite actors having spotty schedules, or people catching a certain popular virus at work or on vacation, but thankfully never on set.

Yes, I’m now wading through the mountain of effects work, and grappling with audio issues from a recording device that was slowly failing without us noticing, but through all that, I remember what I said in the blog post “On the Mountain” from September 2020. Referencing the story of Elijah on Mount Carmel, I said “If any of this takes off, it means that there was fire from heaven.” Well, ladies and gents, I’m pleased to report that there was indeed fire from heaven. Things are still a struggle, and I can become depressed far too often as I battle through mountains of issues, but it helps to remember that we’ve already moved beyond the possible, so whatever comes, God will see us through.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I shall close this blog update with our traditional farewell, and return to staring at a screen, while tediously clicking.


If all goes well, we should be seeing the stunties again very soon…

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment