Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Back on Target

Greetings, one and all! Well, it seems this week has been comprised largely of writing. Spending many hours at the keyboard, some extending late into the evening. Though I’m not a fast typist, when things are flowing I can conceive of dialog as fast as I’m typing, so it works out in the end. The things I have been learning over the last couple months have really helped with getting back into a flow state with writing. Characters are appearing and interacting almost of their own accord, and thoughts about where each scene will go from here hum busily in my mind while I’m doing other things. I haven’t gotten this much enjoyment out of the process in over a decade.

Life intruded on stunt meet this week, as it does from time to time. Thus we only had half the team, and one of them was semi-incapacitated. Thus we turned to some training that doesn’t require much movement: Archery!






We ran various levels of practice, padded vs target, field point vs target, and padded vs a moving target. The latter became its own comedy routine when people tried blind firing.

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment