Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Art of Remembering to Say Things

Have you ever been so preoccupied with one aspect of a project, that you forgot the rest of it exists? Apparently that was me this last month or so. In the good news, the crew pitch has been completed, and I have very warm feelings toward it, though that may just be my bias, because it’s all about the team, voiced by the stunties. I’ve also adjusted a bit of the main pitch video for better flow between concepts. Now, the rest of the news.

It seems that, in my rush to make the pitch videos, I’d neglected to work on what I was actually going to say to these groups of people once the video plays. The audiences will be diverse in both age and motivation, so I must touch on each of those niches, in light of the overarching video pitch. So, y’know, no big deal. I had worked extensively on the pitch that gets me past the gatekeepers to actually talk to the people, but had apparently neglected to actually develop the point of pitching to the gatekeepers in the first place. I should really stop surprising myself like this.

In other news, the team met again on Sunday, and started out by working on calculating the minimum size the Raven’s Head set would need to be, to make everything work. While larger is better, there’s budgetary constraints to consider.





After that they leapt into a sword exercise where they each start out on arms of a star, and maneuver to their advantage across them until the last man standing. Low duration, high intensity, which works out well for a very warm day.

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment