Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Writing, Running, and Reiteration

Greetings, one and all! So this week has seen the third iteration of script writing. As I learn and remember more about developing a good process, the content is drastically improving. But I’m moving slowly and methodically now, with a focus on writing for the visuals. As a script is a written medium, it can be easy to forget that the words aren’t the most important form of communication you will be using. So I’m now trying to keep that in mind while writing, and ensure that dialog and the action or location properly complement each other.

Next up, the team met on Sunday to, quite literally, run a few exercises. The first being a stamina drill, where they must run, do their predetermined strikes, and run back, then their partner repeats this process, and so on. Lastly was a team throwing weapon competition, with predictably chaotic results.





By the time you’re reading this, I should also be following up on the followup emails of last week. We already have a meeting scheduled for later this week.

Last but not least, a few weeks of hiatus from the edit has allowed me to look at the Nine Isles project in a fresh light. Things that previously seemed like a dark blot on the quality of a scene now looks pretty good, and things that I previously thought were fine now sit wrong with me. So I shall resume the process of refinement with fresh eyes, while also working on everything listed above.

Well, that’s about all for this week. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment